Hallo there,
I today learned about how to use Evernote and Google Slides.
Let me talk about Evernote first. I personally have been using Evernote for note taking since it is easier to share on other devices. So the class was not really new to me this time, but it was such a good opportunity to sort up my messy account. Since the beginning of the school, I have been taking notes for most of the classes and I just piled a bunch of notes up and let them be... I finally finished cleaning up in the class while doing class works.!!! As working on the class assignment, I thought I could have exploited Evernote more since I barely use the web clipper extension. I did not even know some of the features either. I will spend more time to use Evernote and figure out what feature would be the best.
Moving to Google Slides, I was assigned to google on CRAP for making effective slides and here is the summary of each acronym; C stands for Contrast which means making elements different to increase understanding, R stands for Repetition which means repeating visuals to create strong unity, A stands for Alignment which means placing elements deliberately and rationally to improve clarity, and finally P stands for Proximity which means placing related items together to convey relationships. In my view, those concepts look not really new because we all have been using those techniques while making slides unconsciously even though we do not know what the letters stand for. I have kinda known this before because I looked it up when I was creating a presentation. Nowadays we tend to use presentations more frequently, so we would have known or we will know how to make them effective. This assignment would be a good chance for those who did not know how to make fancy slides.
From now on I am going to ask my awesome intelligent teacher Sir Dan about my struggle on using Zotero. My peer reviewers do not have to read through. I looked on the topic of brain death which I am writing on the final paper on JSTOR, the one we learned in the library session. I put the info of a thesis I found into Zotero and here is the result. (sorry for Japanese)
If I drag and drop the info as a work citation, it would be like below.
“A Critique on the Concept of ‘Brain Death.’” N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Oct. 2014.
Is it enough for a good source? Can we use JSTOR's source through Zotero as a
source? Sorry for asking you on my personal blog. I would love to hear your
comment. Thanks. Plus, I am super exciting about writing my topic!!

Hi gaku :) Your summary is very easy to understand! I hope we can find the smartest way to use evernote in order to save our time and so :D And yes, I hope your question will be solved by our great teacher Dan!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mana!
DeleteI hope I can exploit Evernote more!
Hi, Gaku! I envy you that you already knew Zotero and noted by using it, because I wanted to know it earlier! Wow, you seem so happy with writing essay. I want to read your essay after you wrote it. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYuka! Thanks for commenting on my blog!
DeleteI am actually not as informed as you I guess in terms of Zotero, but I can get 90% out of it.
I wanna read your essay too!
Let's stand strong! See ya
Gaku, you've put a new challenge on my plate. Your source doesn't look adequate. Let me experiment and then report back to you.
ReplyDeleteHey Gaku it was very easy to understand for me knowing the basic concept and furthermore advanced work using zotero and other tools too. Thanks :) I am still working on first draft on my DEATH essay so let's have good peer review in tutorial class. xiexie!
ReplyDelete